Get ready for the best event of the season: WLU’s Annual Retreat!
If you’re a regular attendee of the retreat, you’ll notice that all your favorite activities are back this year. If you’ve never attended the retreat before, make sure to sign up this year to see what all the fuss is about!
- As usual, the retreat will be held at the luxurious St. Regis Deer Valley Resort.
- Rooms get filled before we ever run out of space for registrants so make sure you get your spot by booking your room as soon as possible. Double rooms start at $229 and you can call 435-940-5858 or go online to reserve your room.
- The retreat’s activities start on Friday October 27th at about 5 p.m. and conclude on Saturday around noon.
- Arrive as early as you like on Friday and stay as late as you like on Saturday to take advantage of the spa, pool, and gorgeous mountain scenery.
- On Friday, we kick off the retreat with appetizers, prizes, wine, massages, and socializing. Then we have dinner with awards that honor some of the incredible women lawyers we have in this state.
- After dinner, our keynote speaker—Amber Vincent—will give us networking advice that is actually useful and will address some of the issues women lawyers specifically face.
- When Amber concludes, we will head upstairs to the Hospitality Suite where we can put that networking advice to good use by socializing with all the fantastic WLU members.
- Saturday morning will start with yoga that leads into breakfast and another speaker. Details on Saturday’s speaker are still forthcoming but we promise it will be superlative and we will try to get you CLE credit for attending.
- The retreat’s formal activities will end around noon, but hopefully you can enjoy the rest of your Saturday in beautiful Park City with new WLU friends!
- For attending both Friday’s and Saturday’s speakers, you will receive 3.0 credit hours, in total, for attending both Friday’s and Saturday’s speakers.
- Regular registration is $150; $100 for judges/government/nonprofit; $50 students/scholarships; $100 for Friday only; $50 for Saturday only.
You can make checks payable to Women Lawyers of Utah. Please include your bar number and mail it to:
Zimmerman Jones Booher
341 South Main Street, Fourth Floor
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
- Though we have a PayPal option, we prefer that you do not use it because PayPal takes such a huge cut of transaction (around 5%). We are shopping around for a better online payment platform and will let you know as soon as we find one that will fit our needs.
- If you would like to be considered for a scholarship, please email Kate Conyers at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request and a very brief basis of the need for the scholarship.
- We, undoubtedly, could not have such a terrific retreat were it not for generous sponsors. This year’s sponsors are as follows:
Gold Sponsors ($1500+)
Silver Sponsors ($750-$1499)
Bronze Sponsors ($100-$749)
Additional sponsorship opportunities
- Since we try to keep registration costs low, it would be fantastic if you could help us line up more sponsors. The retreat offers a great opportunity for a firm or company to let the community know that it supports the professional development of women in Utah.
- Email Kate Conyers at email@example.com if your firm or company would like to sponsor the retreat
Hope to see you there!