Rachel M. Slade Ph.D.Patent Attorney Stoel RivesIntellectual Property
Rachel Slade has a Ph.D. in synthetic organic chemistry and focuses her patent practice on technology in the life science and pharmaceutical industries. Dr. Slade leverages her significant drug discovery experience in the pharmaceutical industry to provide strategic client counseling and assist her clients in patent prosecution, due diligence reviews, and validity and freedom to operate analyses.
Dr. Slade’s research and industry experience has concentrated on the design and synthesis of therapeutics against Alzheimer’s disease, cancer, HIV and inflammation. She has applied her expansive knowledge of medicinal and combinatorial chemistry to successfully design and discover potential drug candidates. Rachel is also an inventor on multiple patents.
- Associate, Stoel Rives, Salt Lake City, 2009 – present
- Law Intern, Technology Transfer Office, University of Utah, 2007-2008
- Scientist, Myriad Pharmaceuticals Inc., Salt Lake City, 2000-2006
- Scientific Fellow, SIDDCO, Tucson, AZ, 1998-2000
- Scientist, Darwin Molecular Corporation, Seattle, WA, 1995-1998