Note: To post a position here, please send the position description, including the application deadline, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Corporate Counsel at CHG
The Corporate Counsel position will provide advice and counsel on a wide variety of general corporate matters. This position will report to the company’s Vice President of Legal. This exempt, full-time position requires the ability to work collaboratively with company personnel to develop and provide creative and thoughtful solutions to legal and business issues.
• Provide legal advice and counsel to all departments and divisions on general corporate legal matters
• Identify, analyze, assess and provide legal solutions to problems
• Assist, as necessary, with responding to subpoenas
• Assist, as necessary, with commercial litigation matters
• Draft, review and negotiate commercial agreements
• Provide advice and support to the company’s contract administrators
• Lead and collaborate in cross-functional committees to develop corporate policies, procedures and programs to ensure compliance with laws and company policies and to promote ethical practices and behavior consistent with the company’s core values
• Develop innovative strategies for mitigating company risk
• Work collaboratively with internal business partners on proactive education and planning
• Train personnel, by presenting on legal issues as needed
• Develop a comprehensive understanding of the business/industry and the risks that impact the company’s business and its customers
• Legal research and other miscellaneous duties, as assigned
• Occasional travel, as needed
We’re looking for people who:
• Have 3-5 years of relevant experience in a law firm or preferably, in a corporate legal department
• Have substantive knowledge and experience in general corporate matters
• Exhibit expertise in drafting, analyzing, advising and negotiating business contracts
• Have experience providing legal advice and counsel to various departments and teams within a company
• Have the ability to develop and provide creative solutions to company issues and risks
• Have proven ability to manage issues and projects across functions to create enterprise solutions
• Have the ability to work collaboratively and effectively with others
• Have strong interpersonal skills, including diplomacy and flexibility, along with the ability to interface effectively with personnel at many different levels throughout the company
• Have excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, with external clients and customers
• Exhibit excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision making skills, with the ability to think strategically
• Have the ability to assume complex projects, create and present a plan of action, and independently manage projects to favorable resolution or conclusion
• Have the ability to function effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
• Have flexibility, willingness and ability to work on a wide range of complex matters with minimal supervision
• Exude high standards of ethics, professional integrity, maturity and a high level of discretion
• Have strong business acumen, with sound and practical business judgment
• Have a law degree and are a member, in good standing, in at least one state bar with the ability to obtain appropriate license for position in Utah
In return, we offer:
• Competitive salary + bonus
• Comprehensive training
• Opportunities for continuous growth in the role
• Medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) matching
• Generous PTO and holidays
• Retirement planning and savings options
• Tuition assistance
• On-site health center
• On-site gym
To have your resume reviewed by Talent Acquisition, click on the “apply” link at the top of the screen.
We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an at-will employer
Attorney – Education
The Assistant Attorney General must practice law as an active member of the Utah State Bar in good standing and qualification for admission to the U. S. District Court for the District of Utah are required. A minimum of three years of legal experience in state and federal courts is required. This position requires excellent written and oral advocacy skills, first-rate legal acumen, and the ability to communicate information and ideas clearly and concisely. This position will represent the State Board of Education (USBE), and the Utah School for the Deaf and Blind (USDB) and will provide legal support to USBE’s staff and state superintendency, as well as the various departments and programs which are under the general supervision and control of USBE.
Responsibilities of this position include the following:
Provide written and oral legal advice to USBE, USDB, state superintendency, and USBE staff.
Conduct legal review of rules considered for adoption by USBE.
Review all teacher licensure disciplinary action for consideration by USBE.
Litigate matters on behalf of the USBE and USDB, including working as a liaison with Risk Management.
Attend USBE monthly board meetings and USBE Executive Committee meetings as necessary.
Work closely with the Superintendent of Public Instruction and the Executive Team of both USBE and USBE.
Review all public education contracts and memoranda of understanding.
Provide assistance to USBE and USDB leadership in developing proposed legislation and administrative rules.
Assist USBE’s internal auditors.
For more information and to apply for the position, go to the Utah state jobs website at www.statejobs.utah.gov, recruitment number 17285. A resume and cover letter must be uploaded to your profile as part of the application. The deadline for applying is October 17, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. No phone calls please. The Attorney General’s Office is an equal opportunity employer. Security background checks are completed as a condition of employment.
Energy and Natural Resources Associate – Dorsey & Whitney LLP (Salt Lake City, UT)
Dorsey & Whitney LLP is seeking an associate with two to six years of experience to join Dorsey’s Energy and Natural Resources Industry Group in our Salt Lake City office. This associate will have the opportunity to work on regional, national and international natural resource and renewable energy projects with teams of Dorsey lawyers located in one or more of our 20 offices with particular emphasis on mining, oil and gas and renewable energy projects staffed out of Dorsey’s Anchorage, Seattle, Salt Lake City, Denver and Minneapolis offices.
Qualified candidates will have:
– transactional, due diligence or real property experience with renewable energy projects, OR
– transactional experience with natural resource projects (mining or oil & gas), OR
– experience working on real property and mineral title and public lands issues.
Dorsey values the strength that comes from a diverse and inclusive work environment. It contributes to the success of our people and our clients and enriches our experience. We believe that everyone should feel at home and part of our community.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, affectional preference, disability, age, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, military or veteran status, or any other legally-protected status.
How to Apply
Dorsey & Whitney LLP accepts online applications at http://www.dorsey.com/attorneyjobs. We do not accept application materials by mail or email except as a reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled applicants. Individuals who are unable to use our online process due to a disability should call 612-492-5186.
Attorney – Real Estate
Holland & Hart’s growing Real Estate group is seeking an Associate to join its team in the Salt Lake City office. Successful candidates will have 4 -7 years of top tier law firm experience in real estate transactions, leasing, acquisition and sales, due diligence, and real estate finance. Must be team oriented with strong communication skills, and have professional recommendations. An excellent academic record is required.
Please apply online and address cover letter, resume, and transcript to Michael Garms, Recruitment Coordinator, email@example.com. All interested applications should apply through the “careers section” of the firm’s website: www.hollandhart.com